Duration: December to March. Possibility of extending the contract.
Schedule: Part time. Possibility for full time, based on funding.
Supported by a dynamic board of directors, the region’s cross-country skiing and cycling communities, the City of Gatineau and the National capital commission, the Relais plein air is in a development phase with the objective of providing exceptional services for the practice of outdoor activities, for all and in all seasons.
Are you looking for a new challenge in the outdoor industry in the Outaouais? We are looking for an Outdoor Activities Coordinator, responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating various activities, including cross-country skiing and snowshoeing during winter and other activities through partnership in the spring, summer and fall. He or she knows how to meet client’s expectations and to ensure the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of services.
Role and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Outdoor Activities Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop and deliver programs, activities, products and services for the organization’s clients;
- Monitor budgets;
- Coordinate the work of the guides and instructors;
- Exercise logistical control of activities and monitor their implementation;
- Offer customers additional services (transportation, restaurant services, etc.);
- Develop special projects and activities;
- Assist and supervise employees in their daily tasks;
- Participate in staff training and ensure the productivity of the team;
- Develop work schedules for staff and participate in hiring;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and handling complaints, if any; and
- Any other tasks necessary for operations to run smoothly.
What you need
- Diploma in tourism, hospitality, administration or event management;
- Experience in management and organization of events;
- Bilingualism, both oral and written;
- Positive and professional attitude and ability to work in a team;
- Sales skills;
- Good time and stress management and adaptability; and
- Leadership, decision-making and timeliness.
If you are interested in this position and would like to join the Relais plein air team, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted.